Overhead Door Installer
J.M. Maly, Inc. has been providing building specialty services as a subcontractor on commercial construction projects in the Houston area for over 35 years. We are currently seeking an Overhead Door Installer whose primary responsibility is to install, repair and maintain commercial overhead doors within the safety, quality, scheduling and financial parameters set by the company.
• Install, repair and maintain a wide range of commercial doors including roll-up steel doors, high speed rolling doors, commercial entry doors and sectional doors
• Track and maintain jobsite folders with related project documentation
• Coordinate and communicate with General Contractor
• Exhibit a dedication to safety at all times
• Be adept at working as a team or on an individual basis
Skills and Physical Requirements:
• A minimum 1 year of commercial installation or construction experience
• Mechanically inclined with proven problem-solving skills: able to read, understand and apply project drawings and experience to ensure efficient installation process while maintaining highest quality standards
• Thorough knowledge of small power and hand tools
• Demonstrated commitment to safety practices (OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 a plus)
• Ability to drive a service truck, including valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Strong work ethic: willingness to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, plus overtime when required
• Physically able to stand, walk, climb, balance, lift, bend and move materials and equipment up to 80 pounds
Note: The description listed above is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. Additional duties may be assigned to successfully complete a project.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in joining our team, please call our office at 281-429-4600 and ask to speak with Mike Leath, extension 210, or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.