Head Coach / Assistant Coaches
The Woodland Hills Wahoos Swim team is seeking coaches for the 2018 summer swim season. The Wahoos have been located in Woodland Hills Village in Kingwood for over 40 years and had 170 competing swimmers last year in the Blue 2 division.
The ideal candidate would have coaching and swimming experience, a strong ability to lead, a desire to meet swimmers of all abilities where they are and take them to the next level in their skills, the ability to teach kids from K-12, and an encouraging spirit to inspire a love of the sport in our swimmers. Our season runs from late April – June with practices held each weekday between 4:00 and 8:00. Pep rallies are on Friday nights and swim meets start early on Saturday and last into the afternoon.
Head Coach Responsibilities:
- Follow all NWAL protocol to ensure safety of swimmers in the water and on deck.
- Be willing to get in the water to help beginning swimmers and perfect more advanced swimmers’ techniques
- Communicate with the board on a regular basis to make sure all swimmers’ and coaches’ needs are met
- Help setup and breakdown all practices and meets
- Possess or acquire NWAL coaching certification
- Plan out and run all age level practices with help from assistant coaches and using
- Learn and use the computer system for entering kids into meet events and collecting data for use in making practice most meaningful
- Implement a plan to assess which kids need stroke help and carry out ongoing DQ minimizing strategies
- Attend all practices, meets, invitationals, pep rallies, and the awards ceremony and party.
- Plan (with the help of the board) and run all pep rallies
- Support and take part in our NO Cell Phones While Coaching policy.
_ The Ability to delegate and direct the assistant coaches to make practices as efficient as possible.
Assistant Coaches are also needed and encouraged to contact us now as well. Assistant coaches will be expected to also participate in all practices and other Wahoo events and take direction from the Head Coach to instill a love of swimming and a sense of team pride in our kids.
Posted in: Jobs
Find out how close you are to this item!