OR Supply Chain Technician, Kingwood
Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood - Kingwood, TX
The OR Supply Chain Technician is responsible for keying, and promptly putting away all supplies within the OR, reviewing and maintaining all Min/Max inventory levels, picking scheduled surgical cases, as well as emergency supply requests. The OR Supply Chain Technician is also responsible for conducting physical inventories of all POU areas according to the defined schedule.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Receive, deliver, and put-away of all OR supplies in an accurate and timely manner, accurately key receiving into the SMART system, and deliver to appropriate department(s), and perform QA random checks on totes per approved policy
· Picking both scheduled and emergent surgical cases
· Is authorized to transport and deliver legend drugs, non-prescription drugs, contrast media and drug-containing devices relative to core competencies of the position
· Performs inventory management for the OR. Evaluates the appropriate Min/Max levels, reviews Min/Max for storeroom stock daily and place orders appropriately. Count par level areas (POU areas) according to schedule. Processes returns appropriately per approved policy.
· If applicable, ensure POU items have the appropriate barcodes, rotate stock to ensure no items are out of date, react appropriately to POU “critical point” messages and stock outs, provide assistance to the POU Station personnel as well as provide assistance with problems, questions and concerns
· Works flexible, rotating shifts when required
Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for
any/all disaster or emergency situations.
· High school diploma or GED is required
· Previous stock clerk experience is helpful. Some hospital supply experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires the following minimal requirements:
· Communication – communicates clearly and concisely
· Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
· Interpersonal skills – work effectively with other employees, supervisors, and external parties
· Policies & Procedures – demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
· PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
· Basic skills – able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
· Working knowledge of hospital supplies
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS – Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Must be able to push and pull a variety of carts and material handling equipment. Requires ability to climb, stoop, kneel, and reach. Must be able to make substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and fingers. Requires ability to hear, see, and communicate through written and verbal means. Must be able to touch and differentiate textures and temperatures. Must be able to exert up to 75 pounds of force and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 50 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Work is performed inside a warehouse environment that has good ventilation and comfortable temperatures.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED:
This position requires competence in assessment, treatment, and/or care for the age groups indicated. The staff
member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical,
psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age for the patients served in his/her
assigned service area. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education,
training or experience. Age Groups: Birth - 1 year (infant), 1 - 11 years (pediatric), 12 - 16 years (preschooler),